Sunday, August 24, 2008

Todays Tours in Guangzhou

Here are a few pictures of todays activities. I'm not going to say to much because I'm really tired and Savannah is not napping very well. I'm also tired because they are keeping us very busy for being new parents again.


This is a Pagoda at the Six Banjan Trees Temple. This Pagoda is 1000 years old. It is also leaning to the left and back a little. Mike went to the top. It was quite scary if you are afraid of heights. Savannah and I just stayed on the ground until the incense started burning my eyes and we decided it was time to go.


The pagoda is in the middle of the temple area and this is one of the rooms where you enter and see all the buddah's. I don't know the correct name for it.

Here's information about the temple http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/guangdong/guangzhou/six_tree.htm

It started to poor down rain while we were on the bus. We are on our way to the Old Chen house.

This is the entrance to the Old Chen House. Take a look at the roof. This is roughly 150 years old. It was a temple built for the Chen Family to worship it was their own school and a place to deal with family affairs. The gov't has taken it over and it is now a folk arts museum.


This is outside the museum. Savannah had a tight grip on the umbrella. I liked the tree with the lanterns. Sorry about the garbage cans. Why did they have to have those there?

After this we went to an arts and crafts store to do a little shopping. I totally think we got ripped off but we got some nice things that I hope people will like.

Tomorrow we start Savannah's visa paperwork in the morning. Later in the afternoon, we will be going to get her physical examination. This is where we get her measurements and specifics about her health. I guess as good as we can get when we don't know Chinese.

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Meroula said...

Rain? Hopefully this made it cooler for everyone and not more humid.

My heart goes out to you... I pray that Savannah will be taking naps when she gets home... it really makes the day long and tiredsome for the adults when those cute little innocent children don't take an afternoon nap and fight it even when there tired.

Your hotel view looks stunning!

Enjoy your last few days!

ssl said...

Hi Jennifer! I've been reading your blogs. You all look really good! Savannah is such a cutie. I bet you can't wait to take her home and have her meet her new siblings and family. God bless you and Mike for giving this child a family, a home, and the greatest gift of all, knowing our Lord Jesus.
- Susi Lim

Music