Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Wrap Up!

Here's a wrap up of the days events or happenings.

We had a breakthrough in Savannah's eating. Yesterday, she had 6 bottles. That is just crazy for a baby 9 months old. So today, we tried some new things. First, we tried some congee at breakfast. Congee is a rice & chicken type of hot cereal. I can't really explain it. She actually took a few bites of it. That is huge. She has just been spitting everything out or tightening her lips so we can't get the spoon in. Later she also had 3 cheerios. She usually pushes it out with her tongue. This time she gummed it and swallowed. Now later today, we did not has a much luck with it as this morning, but it is a start. Still, no naps!! She constantly needs our entertainment. I don't know what we are going to do when we get home.


7 Eleven is across the street from our hotel. That's where we get our bottled water.


This was her tonight after we tried more cheerios. She just was not going to have it. She looked like a plane ready to take off.


Look at this mess!! Mike was feeding Savannah and the nipple was just to fast for her. It must have stretched, so I grabbed another nipple. I was standing over the night stand trying to take the nipple of the bottle to replace it with another one. Well one thing lead to another and I dropped the bottle. It could have been worse, if I dropped it on the laptop. We both were not really in laughing moods, but I took a picture and thought it make a great photo for you all to see.

2 comments:

Judy Brunke said...

I am glad she is taking more steps to broadening her appetite! That's great....she may just be adjusting to all these changes from her familiar surroundings & people to the hotel & her new family!!! But praise God for the difficult times, too. It makes the good times all the more sweet! I'll pray for Savannah & you guys to get some much needed rest, and of course, the safe trip home! Can't wait!!!

melita said...

fabulous photos Jenn! if you need any help making congee when you get home, just let me know ;) or I can let you know where you can buy it =)

Music