Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Mother's Final Thoughts

As I type my final blog entry, Savannah starts screaming. Why should I expect anything else? Especially given how that last few days have gone. Despite the nature of motherhood, I also have one at home who has the stomach flu and another one who started kindergarten this week. Both of them are terribly missed and I can't wait to see them Friday.

As I ponder these few weeks and the weeks ahead, I can't help to be reminded that five years ago God took me down a path that I had not planned on taking. That day is the day that I realize now that God gave me my life, a daughter and plans for a second daughter. I did not see it all at that time. That day, was the day that my doctor told me that I had cervical cancer and that the child I was pregnant with would be my last one. As devastating as it was, we knew God had something planned. We just didn't know exactly what it was. It was the beginning of the crazy road to adoption.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Thank you all for allowing me to tell our story and share it with all of you. I know that many have looked forward to my posts and have felt like they have taken the journey with us. I have enjoyed reading the comments and also the emails many have sent. Our next post will not be until we get home and our little sister is united with her big sister and brother.

Please keep us in your prayers as we ensure a long flight with a baby in our lap.

For those of you at home, I will be at church on Sunday. Be there to meet Savannah.

God Bless!!
Jennifer

P.S.-She is still screaming!

3 comments:

Judy Brunke said...

We will be there at Church to meet Savannah!!! Thanks again for a great blog; and the Lord be with you as you travel home safely.

We're so excited to see you all with your new addition!

elisa said...

Safe Travels on your way home J.T. :) I am so excited to meet her. hee hee

Anonymous said...

There I go crying again. :o)

Music