Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Food!!

Well, many of you know my challenges with feeding Savannah. When we arrived home with her she was taking 6 bottles a day. I started to introduce her to baby foods one at a time and progresses to stage 3 baby foods. During this process she protested, screamed, tightening her teeth and lips and started spitting.

Meal times were the worst time of the day. Those meals became very emotional for both of us. She would finish her meal crying and screaming and I would be ANGRY. It was causing a barrier in the bonding process. Soon, a light bulb went off and I decided that we needed to change our whole approach. She liked the Gerber puffs that her Dr. recommended, so I went with that. We started feeding her real food that she could chew rather than filling her mouth with all that messy baby food that she would spit out or let sit in her mouth. The change has been amazing!! Our meal times are clean and happy. She lets me fill her mouth and she just keeps eating. She's a bottom less pit. She eats, chicken, carrots, peas, avocado, peaches, apples, vienna sausages, noodles, scrambled eggs and waffles.

Next, she needs to figure out how to put it in her mouth herself. For now, I'm just happy she is eating and we are all happy while doing it.

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, Jennifer!! How exciting!! What a great hurdle to overcome!!!!!!! LOL @ the vienna sausages! My kids LOVE those w/ rice!

Anonymous said...

wow that's so nice! Trinity is finally happy eating her stage 2 baby foods, I love it when they like to eat!

Music