Saturday, July 19, 2008

What have I been doing?


Since referral, I have been crazy busy. I've received more documents to complete for the adoption. I have never completed so much paperwork in my life. I have had to do more than usual because our adoption agency that we were using for out homestudy closed December 31. I've been working on the paperwork for that last month or so and just when I finish, I get more to do. So, this week we got everything notorized. One document we will have to do again.
I sent off Savannah's care package to her orphanage. The most important item is the disposable camera. I hope that when we meet her for the first time, they will give us the camera with photos of her and her environment at the orphanage. We also included a baby photo album of photos of her new family. Hopefully her caretakers will show her the photos. It is really cute, because, the handle is a teething ring. There's also a blanket, rattles, an outfit and some candy for the children and caretakers. Hopefully, they will enjoy it!
Yesterday, was my fourth trip to the post office this week. Hopefully, it will be the last for a little while. I sent of our VISA application to a courier service. It is not recommended to walk it in to the local consulate, due to the new requirements. Now, you must also turn in your flight and hotel itineraries in order to have a visa issued. That is a problem if you are taveling for an adoption because travel is not finalized until the very end. We may have only a week to ten days notice before we leave. The courier service we are using has a very good relationship with the local consulate that they work with. She has a way of getting around this glitch.
So, for now. We just have a few loose ends to tie with our paperwork and we wait for our Travel Approval, VISAs, updated medicals for Savannah and hopefully more pictures.
In the meantime, I have a ton of things to do to pack. You should see all the packing lists out there. I've also started her scrapbook. I'll have to post photos later. I'll update as we get closer.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Sounds like a lot of paperwork (I thought our paper-chase days were behind us?).
You will soon be a BTDT family and can share your journey with others. We are so excited for you!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Music