Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Here She Is!!!

I can't believe that this little face is OURS! We got our call first thing this morning at 9:00 am. Everyone in the agency makes the calls. So, we got a call from Deb in accounting.

I was so nervous, I wrote her birthday wrong and couldn't even think of what to say. I was shakey and could barely talk. It is a good thing I had a list of questions to ask.

Her Chinese name is Guo Jiang Mian and was born on November 24, 2007 (Thanksgiving Baby). Guo is her surname, Jiang means river and Mian means to exert, encourage, strive, and urge. As is stands, she is still Savannah. We don't have a middle name yet. We wanted to wait until we were matched and knew her Chinese name.

She was found four days after birth and has been at the the Beiliu City Welfare Institute, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, ever since. In February, she weighed 11lbs and was 22 in. All of her medicals are normal and test are negative for HIV, HepB, etc.. No teeth at that time. We will get updated medical information in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Tomorrow, we will get a FEDEX package with more pictures and documentation. We will travel to china in 5-8 weeks. It really depends on when we receive our Consulate appt and they work backwards from there.

Today is the day the Lord has promised. He's always told me to be patient and that it will all happen in his timming, not mine. She is definately a gift from God!

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Jen. She will be a blessed little girl. Congratulations to all of you.

Debbie Kuhs

Charleen said...

Praise God! I am crying happy tears for you guys! :) I can't wait to meet her. I will be praying that things will go super smooth.

Gail said...

And a pretty one she is!!
Congratulations!
It has been a very long wait.
Enjoy this time!

Judy Brunke said...

Congratulations, Jennifer (& family)!!! I am so happy for you, I teared up as soon as I saw the photo...I'm just so glad you finally have a picture. I can't wait to meet her, and I bet you are just so anxious to go and get her! I'll keep your family in prayer as you move forward to add Savannah to your family. She is such a blessing & I know you will be a huge blessing on her life as well.
Love,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all. I work with Mike and was telling him today about our own China adoption journey four years ago. You're in for a wonderful ride!
-Jeff

Madison Adoption Associates said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations and God Bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter, i wondered if she is from Beihai in Guangxi? We have a four year old daughter from Beihai and they have similar look!!!!! Our daughter Frida is born feb-04 and was adopted to Sweden in feb-05. I hope that you understand what I mean because my english is not the best........ My e-mailadress is: theresekolli@hotmail.com if you will contact us!

Music